There could be a serious danger lurking in your home! You might not know it's there until you start having allergic reactions, irritations and even flu-like symptoms. So what's the culprit? It's mold. In small amounts it isn't very harmful. If it grows in regularly used living spaces it's easy to notice the discolored spots on your furniture and walls so it doesn't have a chance to spread.
Unfortunately, there is one space in your home that mold can go unnoticed, allowing it to grow at a rapid pace. This is in crawl spaces. These spaces can exist throughout your home like the attic or basement. Since they aren't easily accessible we don't use them very much. If mold started to form we'd probably never know until it started to affect your health. Even then it might take a while to realize what the source is.
Usually mold exists because there is excessive moisture present. If this is the case then you might have other things to worry about as well. High humidity is the preferred environment for bugs and pests. It can also compromise the structural integrity of your home. Wood can begin to rot, floors sag and metal begins to rust and deteriorate.
Fortunately, if you notice the moisture early enough you can prevent these issues from happening. The simplest solution is to dry out the crawl space with a help of Chesapeake Pest Control.